It is quite common for some doctors to work in private practice and in conjunction with other colleagues sharing the space, in medical clinics or hospitals. Despite being a good way to earn extra income, this practice can leave the health professional overloaded with so many appointments.
If you are looking to make a profit using your knowledge, but without necessarily performing extra care, some activities can pay you good results, financially speaking. In addition, these activities can help with your personal marketing, which can bring more patients into your practice.
To help you on this journey, we'll highlight below some methods where doctors can earn money while taking care of their patients. But before we go any further we need to know: do you already use medical software to perform care for your patients? We invite you to discover Ninsaúde Apolo, an online software that can be used by any specialty. Learn more at our apolo.app website.
Due to the number of advantages, online courses are a great option for those who want to profit from spreading knowledge. Let's list some of them below.
- Time optimization: to sell a course online, it is not necessary to hold lives or meetings in real-time, just prepare the course, record it and make it available on any platform. Once recorded, just harvest the fruits.
- Variety of Options: Just because you're a doctor doesn't mean you'll only need to cover medicine in your course. The courses can cover medical marketing, how to set up an office or how to open a clinic or even tips for those starting in the field of medicine.
- Wide target audience: the courses you teach may be aimed at healthcare professionals and patients. In this case, you can address issues related to health and explore different issues, depending on your specialty.
- No need for specific training: open courses, as improvement courses are called, the person teaching such course does not need specific training, only knowledge in the area.
After creating the course, you can register it on sites like Hotmart for example, where other people can sell them for you for a small commission. In addition to Hotmart, other websites also provide this tool.
Lectures always attract a good audience, and among their advantages is the fact that they can be held in person or online. The lectures also have the advantage of reaching different audiences, as you may be hired to speak in clinics, schools, or even other environments depending on the subject. Like online courses, lectures may be directed to other health professionals or patients.
Unlike an online course, the lecture often requires you to have time on your agenda, in addition to the fact that you need to be able to speak easily in public and be able to speak well. It's critical to be prepared to speak, so we encourage you to look for references from other speakers before jumping into this field.
Do you know those ads that appear before or during Youtube videos? Those who are watching are a bit of a nuisance, but for those who are watching, they can generate profits. Many content creators make money producing videos for Youtube, and you health care professional can also do the same.
- Have at least 1000 subscribers;
- Have at least 4000 hours of content watched in the last 12 months;
- Follow all YouTube content guidelines (do not post content for over 18s, do not show sensitive images and videos, among others).
Both on Youtube and other platforms you can also make publiposts, that is, sponsored posts. This means that you will address a subject or even show a product on your channel or social networks and get paid for it.
Besides Youtube, there are other ways to make money creating digital content, and as much as they are no longer as hot as Youtube, blogs also work well in this regard, as they also have Google ads and it is also possible to make publiposts.
Something that can also help get people to your YouTube channel or website is TikTok. The application brings together professionals from all areas who create informative videos in a relaxed way. However, it is important to be aware of the type of content posted on this social network, and to help you we created the article "TikTok for doctors: know what the restrictions are".
Teaching at colleges or courses in general (in person)
Want to be a teacher? Unlike advanced courses, higher education courses at colleges require specific teacher training. Graduates must have at least a postgraduate degree (specialization) to act as a teacher in private higher education, as well as a master's or doctorate to act as a full professor in federal public universities.
In the case of nursing, for example, teacher training is not always done through just an undergraduate degree with an emphasis on a licentiate degree, the professional can have a degree in other areas and, thus, take a specialization course in Teaching.
In some cases, the requirement to be a professor is to have a degree in the area that is interested in teaching. However, for other fields, it is necessary to have a Masters's degree.
So, did you like our tips? Keep following the blog to learn more news and tips about medicine, and take the opportunity to learn about the Ninsaúde Apolo medical software. Visit our website apolo.app and request more information.